Head of Product Design - Remote Within The US or In Office (CA, PA, UT)
Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
The Head of Product Design is a critical player in the development and implementation of Nav’s strategic growth plan. You will be responsible for living at the intersection of design and business while constantly anchoring on the needs of the customers, by collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to take on our toughest business challenges and define compelling solutions for our customers. This role will influence how millions of small business owners access capital.
What We Empower You With
- Taking broad, conceptual ideas and translating them into high quality UX design solutions through wireframes, process flow diagrams, storyboards, visual and graphic designs, site maps, and prototypes across an array of devices and platforms.
- Leveraging user experience design to make our end-to-end business financing experience scalable with dynamic solutions for our customers.
- Identifying customer pain points through empathy and research, and turning those insights into actionable solutions to help make the user experience simple, intelligent and drive confident results.
- Implementing and working with continuous feedback loops, UX research methodologies, testing activities, user research in order to analyze, measure, and predict user behavior. Synthesize results and lead discussions on UX/UI problems.
- Collaborating with other Naverick’s to evolve our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints in our user experience.
- Working within our brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a Nav’s brand style and voice through its visual touchpoints.
- Constantly bringing stakeholders along the design journey, leveraging diverse perspectives and skillsets. In this role, you’ll use visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative.
- Owning your features. You can think through edge-cases, refine specs, find reasonable design solutions, and work with engineers to build them.
What You Bring To The Table
- Knowledge of human-centered design and UX practices. You can use a range of methodologies (like design research, service blueprinting, collaborative work session design and facilitation, rapid prototyping, and frameworking) to strategically define ideal experiences.
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs.
- A strong understanding of an Agile/Scrum development process.
- A portfolio which highlights a strong understanding of User Experience Design including (but not limited to): service blueprints, user flows, journey mapping, and translating customer research, analytics, and insights into visual artifacts.
- Ability to plan, conduct and synthesize user research, and develop journey maps and user flows.
- You have the ability to prototype rapidly, be it with paper, Sketch, Figma, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- You have experience working with new products that do not have an existing comparison.
- You have used a wide variety of UX tools and methodologies to solve complex problems utilizing Information Architecture Content Strategy and Usability.
Who You Are
- You dream about user flows, end-to-end service design, and customer insights. You are proficient using tools like Sketch and Figma, and can efficiently use your skill set to develop new designs within existing systems and design languages.
- You are genuinely interested in designing beautiful experiences that impact people’s lives. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are designing for and make design decisions based on their needs.
- You don’t get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You’re able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and communicate scheduling with your manager and the broader team.
- You enjoy working on agile teams. You’re a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own. You will collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts.
- You impress your teammates with you ability to pick out small nuances that no one else seems to notice. You’re proud that your production files are always pixel perfect and you’ve thought through every permutation of your designs, making the development process smooth sailing.
- You’re able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You’re able to present research findings and design concepts to designers and product partners.
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
Our Compensation Philosophy Is Simple But Powerful
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
Our Impact On You
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. 401k and HSA Company Match. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups